Whether you want to delete your cash app account or you want to close the account of someone who is no more, it is very flexible with Cash App as Cash App does not charge any fee to shut down any Cash App account. Before understanding all the steps associated with the process let us first know about the other benefits provided by Cash App.
Cash App is one of the best online banking platforms in the US. Cash App has created a name for itself among the people which resonates with the trust of its customers. It gives easy, convenient, and safe banking tools. Cash App does not only allow transfers but you can make Cash App Direct Deposits, borrow small loans from Cash App borrow money, have Cash App Debit Cards, invest in US Stocks, and purchase bitcoins too on Cash App. Cash App gives you a wide range of benefits inside a single application. However, you might want to delete your account on Cash App due to many reasons and we are here to help you with that.
The first thing you need to remember while deleting a Cash App account is that you have to clear all the funds from your Cash App account. Let us look at the steps to transfer funds to your bank account from the Cash App in the next section.
How can you transfer funds from Cash App to your linked bank account?
You can clear your cash app account by sending all your money to the bank account which you have linked to Cash App. These are the steps to follow:
- Login to your Cash App account.
- Click on the home icon on the homepage.
- Select “ Cash-out “
- Your funds will be automatically transferred to your bank account.
Now that you have cleared out your Cash App account you can begin the process to delete your Cash App account. We will give you a complete breakdown of the same in the next section.
How to delete your Cash App account?
- Once you have transferred all your funds to your bank account and have withdrawn your balance, you can delete your Cash App account now.
- Go to your profile section.
- Click on the profile icon.
- A list of options will appear, select “support”.
- You will see a list of helpful items. At the bottom, select “something else.”
- You will see a new list of additional account options. Select “account settings.” Click on Account settings, you’ll move on to the account settings page.
- You can now delete your Cash App account by selecting “close account” and then choosing “close my Cash App account.”
- You will be redirected to a new page, at the bottom select Confirm Closing account.
- Once this process is completed Cash App will delete your Account instantly.
How can you delete your Cash App transaction history?
We know that all the Cash App users are curious to understand how they can delete Cash App transaction history on Cash App but let us clear this to you. Unlike other payment platforms, Cash App does not allow its users to delete the transaction history because Cash App is entirely safe and all the Cash App transactions are private and are only accessible to the account holders. If you still want to delete your transaction history then you have to delete your Cash App account for it.
You do not need to worry about Cash App transaction history because all the Cash App activities are end-to-end encrypted and your cash app transaction does not even show on the Cash App Bank statement. If you want to delete your Cash App Account you can go ahead and do that with the help of the given steps.
Open Account Profile Support Something Else Account Settings Close Account Confirm.
How to download Cash App payment history?
Like we said earlier you can not delete your Cash App transaction history but in case you want to save and view or check your history later you can download it as well. To download your Cash App payment history.
- Open the Cash App on your device.
- Click on the Profile tab.
- Go to the statement.
- Tap on Export CSV.
- Click on pdf.
- Your transactions will be downloaded on your device.
Although there is no need to hide or delete Cash App transaction history on Cash App, if you are still confused about what steps to take then we will advise you to contact Cash App Customer Service. It is always good to reach out to the expert as they will help you resolve all your queries.
Read also: can i send money from paypal to cash app